Monday, April 28, 2008

Yes, I am an avid internet stalker.

This post was stimulated by the Lightspeed Champion song, "Galaxy of the Lost" which has been stuck in my head for too many days. I'll admit, I love the song, but the hater in me had to figure out how ex-Test Icicles band member Dev Hynes could go from this crummy song:

BTW, I did actually enjoy this song back in the day.

to this masterpiece:


Some Wikipedia-ing revealed that Dev's got the talented Miss Emmy the Great and an impressive Saddle Creek orchestra (including members of Bright Eyes and the Faint) backing him up. Well figures! If I had those people, I'd make mind-blowing music as well.
I know what you're thinking, "Yu-San, why do you have to ruin EVERYTHING?!" And the answer is, I DON'T KNOW. But to make you feel better, I really do think the kid's got talent. Check out how much he owns the Klaxons:

Funny how the Klaxons are making money off of this cover.

Furthermore, were you aware that Hynes is a pretty good photographer? I found these photos on his Flickr:






Okay, he's now officially good-in-my-book because I just discovered a "30 Rock" reference on his Myspace profile.

No comments: