Wednesday, June 25, 2008

catching up with the Guilty Pleasure

NOTE: I KNOWWW. I already made a post about something I found on the Turntable Lab Blog a few months ago. Well, what do you expect? I'm trying my best to cure prostate cancer; that doesn't leave much time for anything else besides reading that blog. Give a girl a break, okay?


From the Institubes blog on RCRD LBL. Go check it out!


Awww Institubes -one of my favorite big-time French electro labels that hasn't bored me yet. I spotted this interview of Jean-René Etienne (head of Institubes) from the TTL blog. I enjoyed this quote from Mr. Institubes:

"What are your feelings on [...] the whole "blog-house" hype?

Now, "blog-house", I don't really know what that is, but in LA I went to this house and there was some scruffy girl passed out half-naked in the bedroom, in the living-room people played Rock Band like their life depended on it, and you had some CDJs lying around, and on the fridge, next to a picture of Shawty Lo pasted on Pedro Winter's body, there was this sign: WELCOME TO THE BLOG HOUSE.

Come on, that's funny. Oh man, now I can't stop reminiscing about last summer's Institubes party. Damn, that shit was good. AND Para One took a picture of me dancing like a crazy mother and posted it on his Myspace. Bitches, I'm famous.

Speaking of reminiscing, the TTL blog can't stop talking about Hollertronix. It's times like these when I wish I was actually 10-15 years older and living on the East Coast. Can you imagine going to all those amazing parties and DJ nights that people are STILL TRYING TO EMULATE? I sure as hell can't; I was in my mother's womb all the way out on the boring-ass "Wesside". On second thought, even if I was born a decade ago and living somewhere like New York, I probably would have missed it because I'm a fucking lame nerd at heart. That shit is timeless.

No comments: