Tuesday, August 26, 2008

for those that are not London-bound

I think every other blog post I make is about how much I'd like to be in London right now. Well, here's another! I'm sure you've all heard by now about the "House of Viktor & Rolf" exhibition at London's Barbican Art Gallery. If not, where have you been? Just kidding! I'm not on the Internet to make anyone feel bad. Anyway, for those of you not reading any blogs except for mine (aww shucks), the Dutch fashion design duo Viktor & Rolf take over the Barbican to present fifteen years of their stunning work.



The exhibit features a specially constructed giant doll house that holds fifty 19th century porcelain dolls dressed in miniature replicas of the designers' signature pieces.

Today, I stumbled across a blog post from If it's Hip, It's Here that displays most of these dolls side by side with photos of their full-sized versions on the runway. Here are some of my favorites:

From the Atomic Bomb Collection (1998-99)


Bedtime Story Collection (2005-06)


From the Silver Collection (2006-07)


From the Fashion Show Collection (2007-08)

For those that will never get a chance to see this exhibit, check out the rest of the post here.

Being the weird flickr stalker that I am, I also discovered a flickr set that documents the making of the Barbican exhibition:


From growin'Up's flickr. Check out the rest of the set here.


If you are wandering aimlessly around London up to September 21st, go see the exhibit! Event details can be found here.

No comments: