Wednesday, February 4, 2009

fishythree gets crafty


Ahhh. Winter is in full-force. This was the view right outside my lab last night. Just looking at the photo makes me shiver. : ) Due to the formidable weather, my social life has been somewhat on a hiatus, which is great for my wallet, body, and mind. When I spend this much time alone in my cozy apartment, I start getting crafty. In fact, earlier this week, I turned a Hanes t-shirt into a shredded mess of a arm-spat (I'm still working on the one for my right hand). Also, yesterday I turned some retired J Brand jeans into a denim scarf (I know, it's kinda bizarre!). Here are both of my DIY projects together:


I just busted out the scarf today and it's doing a swell job of keeping my neck warm. Hopefully the weather will maintain so that I can finish up some grander undertakings (i.e. knit an over-sized scarf).

No comments: