Monday, January 19, 2009

What would I do for longer lashes?


I just stumbled across an article in the NY Times Health section (my favorite section) and I couldn't resist blogging about it --even when I'm in the middle of frantically writing a grant that is due this Friday! AHHH! Anyway, the article mentioned how these eye drops used to treat glaucoma has been serendipitously found to make eyelashes longer and fuller! In fact, the drug has already been shown to work in a clinical trial and is now FDA approved to "improve" eyelashes. OMG! Usually, I don't care for these crazy cosmetic enhancements, but if there's one thing I could change about myself it's the length of my eyelashes. Seriously, I own at least five different mascaras and all of them don't really work because I don't have eyelashes to begin with! Moreover, applying false eyelashes are THE HARDEST THING for me to do. I'm so stoked. I am honestly considering this medication when it comes out on the market.

Read the full article here: Love the Long Eyelashes, Who's Your Doctor?

No comments: